[whatwg] Expanding the cite element

Simpson, Grant Leyton glsimpso at indiana.edu
Mon May 10 05:59:06 PDT 2010

I was unaware of the Microdata spec.  Now that I have seen it, I think it offers a lot of power and flexibility.  I think it should adequately cover the use case I was thinking of.

I'm in favor of adding a non-normative note to the section of the HTML5 spec that discusses <cite> that demonstrates how Microdata or RDFa could be used for this purpose.  There will likely be other people like me who read the <cite> section of the spec and think "What? I can't actually make the citation point to something?"