[whatwg] On the subtitle format for HTML5

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Sun May 23 04:58:49 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Odin Omdal Hørthe
<odin.omdal at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it's quite impossible to use that for syncing. I asked about that
> here in this list, and got the answer that this is what we have
> startTime property for, -- but it is not implemented correctly in any
> browsers. startTime would then maybe say 0:00:00 for most clips, but
> on streaming Leslie would have 0:10:00, and then I can use that for
> syncing.

Ah right, I missed the 'live' part of the streaming. If 'startTime'
would enable you to do what you want and browsers have implemented it
incorrectly (or not at all),  raise bugs. I'm sure they'll get onto
it.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz