[whatwg] Problem with http://www.webmproject.org/

Ashley Sheridan ash at ashleysheridan.co.uk
Thu May 27 08:16:21 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 11:12 -0400, Michael A. Puls II wrote:

> Off topic (but I couldn't find any contact info on the site)
>
> Could someone please fix <http://www.webmproject.org/>? The left side of
> the page is inaccessible at < 1024 x 768 (800 x 600 for example), which
> makes the site unusable.
>
> (It has to be some common css that Google uses on their sites as the same
> problem happens on Vemo-branded pages on youtube)
>
> Thanks

It looks like it's using the old (and pretty buggy) hack of using
negative margins and absolute positioning of 50% to align the site in
the middle, and like you've seen, it breaks very easily.

Can be fixed by removing the positioning and margin and replacing it
with margin: auto;

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk