[whatwg] Can we deprecate alert(), confirm(), prompt() ?

Biju bijumaillist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 22:29:31 PST 2010

1. Can we deprecate alert(), confirm(), prompt() ?
At present many web2.0 js libs are providing alternate [and cool
looking] methods to achieve use cases where we need to use alert(),
confirm(), prompt(). So do we need those modal dialogs any longer?

2. if we are still keeping them, can we disable them in
onbeforeunload/onunload[/onhide] etc. Many sites add extra dialogs in
those events to confuse users, so that they can trap users for little
longer.

3. also if we are keeping them, can we add an optional parameter for a
timeout milliseconds to self dismiss the modal prompt.

Thanks
Biju