[whatwg] <input type=number> without keyboard editing

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Mon Nov 8 04:15:11 PST 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 00:28, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> The original poster wanted the value to never be invalid period, not just at submission time; this last is handled by form validation no matter what, no?

I'd expect number editing to work like an IME editing text: The user sees intermediate editing states but the value is committed to the DOM only when the user has finished editing. Thus, to type "20" on a form with min=10, when the user has pressed '2', the user would see the digit 2 but the DOM would still have the old value.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/