[whatwg] fxCanvas 0.2 and some remarks about canvas spec

Dirk Schulze vbs85 at gmx.de
Sat Nov 20 14:00:10 PST 2010

Depending on how the Path object gets implemented, there could be a lot more benefits. E.g. the Context could be transformed without transforming the path. It would be possible to get a point at a given length on a path or the path length itself. It would be possible to get a segment on a path or replace it by another one. If the Path would store information about stroke styles, like thickness, we could also get the information if a point is on the stroke of a Path, or the bounding box surrounding a path. All this is part of SVGs path implementation and shouldn't be hard to implement for browser vendors who already support SVG.

Dirk