[whatwg] Can we deprecate alert(), confirm(), prompt() ?

Odin odin.omdal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 06:17:39 PST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Markus Ernst <derernst at gmx.ch> wrote:
> Maybe, instead of your original suggestion, it might be worth thinking about
> making alert()/confirm()/prompt() dialogs styleable via CSS? Then those
> fancy JS lib dialogs would get obsolete, and we had the favour of both nice
> look and support for the special purposes of those dialogs.

Hear, hear.

I really like those dialogs, they are very easy and nice to use.

However, Internet Explorer doesn't support prompt(), which is
incredible irritating and infuriating. So I had to implement one of
those js-libs instead, and tell you what? That was NOT a nice
experience, I tried many different ones, none were as easy and
to-the-point as just the nice prompt().

--
Beste helsing,
Odin Hørthe Omdal <odin.omdal at gmail.com>