[whatwg] Reserving XRI and URN in registerProtocolHandler

Brett Zamir brettz9 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 20:33:25 PST 2010

My apologies, I realized that there might be a modification needed to
the HTML5 design of registerProtocolHandler, in that URN and XRI are
better designed to work, in many cases, with registration to a specific
namespace. For example, one application might only wish to handle
urn:earthquakes or xri:http://example.com/myProtocols/someProtocol which
hopefully registerProtocolHandler could be expanded to allow such
specification without interfering with other URN/XRI protocol handlers
which attempted to handle a different namespace.

thanks,
Brett