[whatwg] Canvas gradients color interpolation - change to premultiplied?

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 26 20:44:50 PST 2010

On 11/26/10 11:39 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
>> But CSS gradients are already requiring interpolation in premutiplied space, right?
>
> I think you're thinking of CSS Transitions, which we decided should run in premultiplied.

No.  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-images/#color-stop-syntax currently says:

   Between two color-stops, the line's color is linearly interpolated
   between the colors of the two color-stops, with the interpolation
   taking place in premultiplied RGBA space.

and there was related discussion on www-style, iirc.

-Boris