[whatwg] [html5] r5307 - [giow] (0) use vendor--feature instead of _vendor-feature since Apple engineers [...]

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue Nov 30 15:36:53 PST 2010

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:27:23 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> An update since this topic was discussed on this list before:
>
> I updated the vendor-specific syntax a while back to be x-vendor-foo=""
> for content attributes, and .vendorFoo for IDL members; attributes
> starting with an underscore are also reserved but their use is not
> encouraged.

If we do .vendorFoo shouldn't we just do vendor-foo=""? "opera", "moz",
"webkit", "ms" are unique enough and HTML attributes generally do not use
hyphens anyway. (And yes, there will be some more vendors, etc. But over
the years there have not been many extensions at all so this is all rather
manageable.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/