[whatwg] Additional onxxxx event attributes for DOM Level3 Events

David Flanagan david at davidflanagan.com
Tue Nov 30 21:11:53 PST 2010

On 11/30/2010 03:18 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
> On 11/30/10, Ian Hickson<ian at hixie.ch>  wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Hajime Morita wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed that some events which are defined in DOM Level3 Events [1]
>>> don't have
>>> associated HTML attributes.
>>> For example, "keypress" event has associated "onkeypress" attribute.
>>> But "focusin" event doesn't have "onfocusin" attribute.
>>>
> It does in IE.
>
>>> Here is a list:
>>>
>>> * wheel event
> `onmousewheel`? That's in IE.

The "wheel" event is a different, generalized, version of the
"mousewheel" event.  As far as I know, no one has implemented it yet.

>>> * textInput event
>
> Following the convention of lc for event handler properties, `ontextinput`?

Last I checked, the DOM3 spec had changed "textInput" to "textinput".
Safari and Chrome fire textInput (with a capital I) events but do not
currently define an attribute for it.

>>> * focusin event
>>> * focusout event
>
> Those are in IE.
>
>>> * compositionstart event
>>> * compositionupdate event
>>> * compositionend event
>>> * DOMXxxx events

Last I checked, the DOMxxx events were all basically being deprecated in
D3E.  So it would be bad to standardize attributes for those, I think.

	David