[whatwg] SearchBox API

Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) ifette at google.com
Wed Oct 13 16:33:13 PDT 2010

I think there might be some confusion with default search / adding search
providers. When you add a search provider like YouTube or php.net we just
take a URL and expand one template parameter with the search query. With
"instant search" this actually doesn't work because you need to provide the
data to the page as the user is typing, you don't want to do a new GET
request each time the user presses a letter.

-Ian