[whatwg] Proposal: add attributes etags & last-modified to <link> element.

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sun Sep 19 03:19:04 PDT 2010

On 15.09.2010 19:45, Gavin Peters (蓋文彼德斯) wrote:
> Hi, I'm working on link tags inside of chrome.  We're now experimenting
> with an optimization that uses link tags and headers to avoid round
> trips for cache validation in many cases.

Clarifying: essentially that's a workaround for resources for which the
actual cache information returned by HTTP GET isn't accurate, right?
Which of course leads to the question: if the maintainers of a site
can't get their cache information right, what makes you think they can
get their HTML right instead?

Best regards, Julian