[whatwg] Html 5 video element's poster attribute

Chris Double chris.double at double.co.nz
Sun Sep 19 18:43:54 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Monty Montgomery <xiphmont at gmail.com> wrote:

> Firefox 3.x practically never shows the poster.

Firefox 3.5 didn't have poster implemented so it definitely won't show
there. Firefox 3.6 does implement poster and it works for me. If you
look at the following page the bottom 3 videos have a poster set:

  http://tinyvid.tv

You should see the poster - press play and it goes away and the video
plays. This seems to work fine in FF 3.6 and 4.0 beta for me. If it
doesn't work for you, please report a bug.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz