[whatwg] File Upload Progress Event (Upload Progress)

Shiv Kumar skumar at exposureroom.com
Mon Sep 20 19:14:18 PDT 2010

If the spec lays out what the UA should show then each vendor is free to design their own UI for it. The important part is consistent information.

What happens when the specs don't go far enough is that browser vendors do their thing and then you get inconsistent information and then web developers are left with having to implement their own anyway so as to be able to provide their application users with consistent information. At this stage in the game (non browser) upload progress indicators list the information I listed earlier. So if all browsers showed this information then web developers don't have to implement their own.

At the same time, it's important to allow for this (the ability to roll your own progress indicator) in as simple a way as possible, I feel.

Shiv
http://exposureroom.com