[whatwg] Html 5 video element's poster attribute

Zachary Ozer zach at longtailvideo.com
Wed Sep 22 04:46:36 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Shiv Kumar <skumar at exposureroom.com> wrote:
> Now as far as how to fix this is concerned, I've repeatedly provided use cases for why the load() may not work (won't satisfy one of the use cases I've cited) as well as why the load() method shouldn't be used (because of all the side effects it produces).

Totally agree - calling load() has a *ton* of side effects besides
just showing the poster and it doesn't seem appropriate, except for
(perhaps) the case of playback complete / stopped.

> While I have your attention, what are your thoughts and what you call "The Golden Rule" and Html 5 video players?

Different discussion (content protection). More than happy to take it
up in another thread.

--
Zachary Ozer
Developer, LongTail Video

w: longtailvideo.com • e: zach at longtailvideo.com • p: 212.244.0140 •
f: 212.656.1335
JW Player  |  Bits on the Run  |  AdSolution