[whatwg] Low Memory Event

Charles Pritchard chuck at jumis.com
Fri Sep 24 13:57:22 PDT 2010

  This is likely mentioned in the Device API specs, or somewhere around
there at the W3C:

Do we have a route, or DOM events that signal when the device has a low
memory condition?

My computer is constantly running low in memory. Mozilla-apps
(thunderbird) start hiding
unneeded icons; Chrome betas just go ahead and crash the active process.

Mobile platforms all have such low memory hooks for their apps.

They're necessary to allow designers to add additional logic
to handle the condition by releasing buffers, serializing data, using
localStorage, etc.

-Charles