[whatwg] <marquee> feedback

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Apr 28 12:17:45 PDT 2011

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Unless this breaks websites, it seems like a good thing to have
> consistent parsing across multiple attributes. Both for implementors and
> authors.

This is an area where there is a surprisingly low level of
interoperability amongst the browsers near edge cases. The current spec
text is the result of careful examination of a number of attributes, and
is an attempt to try to be as consistent across attributes as possible.

So I haven't changed marquee for this.

If there are compat issues with existing sites, please do reraise this, as
this would change the equation significantly.