[whatwg] Proposal for a tab visibility API

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Apr 28 12:40:04 PDT 2011

Back in December there was a discussion about a tab visibility API.

I haven't added this feature to the HTML specification at this time, for
a couple of reasons: first, it seems like something we'd really want to
have implementation experience before deciding on a specific API, and
second, it seems like something that belongs more in the CSSOM API spec
than in the primarily media-independent HTML spec.

I have saved all the feedback on the topic in case anyone is interested in
working on a specification for this.