[whatwg] Styling <details>

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Fri Apr 8 12:28:10 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-08 18:19, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> This isn't quite true.  The three CSS2.1 bullet styles, for example,
> are all different on at least one browser.  I've specced them
> specially in Lists such that there is a recommended glyph but browsers
> are free to use any graphic that's roughly similar.  I could easily
> take a similar approach for the disclosure triangle.

OK, that might be acceptable. Though, there are likely to be platform
dependent rendering expectations, like hover effects or animations like
rotating the triangle when changing from 'disclosure-closed' to
'disclosure-open'.  If the spec can make that permissible, then I think
that will be acceptable.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/