[whatwg] Fwd: Proposal for a web application descriptor

Simon Heckmann simon at simonheckmann.de
Fri Apr 29 15:42:06 PDT 2011

As far as I am concerned, I am fine with all of these solutions. I was just thinking that an application descriptor could be extended over time with additional information and maybe even contain the files required for offline caching. Of course this could also be done the other way around and the offline cache manifest could be turned into a web application manifest containing all the information about the application. Maybe we could even include the robots.txt information into the manifest?