[whatwg] Looking for volunteer for the PDF versions

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Aug 19 09:26:17 PDT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011, Alexandre Morgaut wrote:

> Is it just me or is the WHATWG Blog out of service ?
>
> http://blog.whatwg.org/

It seems the daily PDF generation of the spec is exceeding the memory
limits I have put on the server. I could just increase the limits, but in
general I prefer to move background processes like this onto other
machines. If anyone is interested in being responsible for updating the
PDF files, please let me know. The ideal solution would be a CGI script on
a box somewhere that the whatwg.org server could occasionally send a POST
request to, which would then generate the PDFs and send them back for
uploading to the Web server.

If anyone is interested in doing this please ping me on IRC.