[whatwg] Behavior when <script> is removed from DOM

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Fri Dec 2 13:28:52 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> The main use case for wanting to support scripts getting appears to be
> wanting to abort JSONP loads. Potentially to issue it with new
> parameters. This is a decent use case, but given the racyness
> described above in webkit, it doesn't seem like a reliable technique
> in existing browsers.
>
> So the questions are:
>
> 1. Should we keep the spec as it currently stands?
> 2. Are browsers willing to follow the specced behavior?
> 3. Do we want to support the use-case of abourting JSONP loads?

This use case should be covered by this:

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-September/033132.html

I don't actually see the mentioned readyState attribute in
HTMLScriptElement, though.

I think that if aborting script loads is worth supporting (which seems
reasonable), it should be supported in a way that doesn't cause race
conditions (such as the above, or any of the other proposals for delayed
script execution).

--
Glenn Maynard