[whatwg] Behavior when <script> is removed from DOM

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Thu Dec 8 15:20:32 PST 2011

On Thursday, December 8, 2011, Mark S. Miller wrote:

> [...] Anne Van Kesteren pointed out the only form of confidentiality we
> can be confident of in this context: comments (and whitespace and choice of
> internal variable names).

Anne said only "comments". I added the parenthetical. After a moment's
reflection I realize this extension is wrong -- because of
Function.prototype.toString. I do not know whether comments are safely
omitted from this across all major browsers. If so, then Anne's statement
is exactly right. If not, then all we can say is "comments and whitespace
at top level -- outside of any function."

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM