[whatwg] A better animation API

Nicholas C. Zakas standards at nczconsulting.com
Mon Dec 12 18:07:07 PST 2011

I'd like to +1 the suggestion for a continuous animation loop, though if
I remember correctly I think the concern about such an API was that it
would lead to forgotten animations that would keep going long past they
should.

I'd much rather have an API to start and stop animations, but I'm not
sure if the developer convenience outweighs the potential downside of
forgotten, long-running paint requests.

-N