[whatwg] Interaction of <wbr> and CSS white-space

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Dec 15 12:10:02 PST 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 12/14/11 8:05 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > it was with respect to<nobr>, which we now
> > define in terms of 'white-space'.
>
> Maybe that needs to change?

How else would we define it?

Whether it's <wbr> or <nobr> that gets defined in terms that violate CSS,
the result is the same as far as I can tell.

If we make a change here it seems better to move towards just specifying
everything in terms of CSS, e.g. as the suggestion in my last e-mail on
this thread. The question really is whether that CSS-only solution is a
plausible way forward or if it has problems I haven't thought of.