[whatwg] [Moderator Action] Re: HTML5 ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes : Proposal to use RDFa according to spec

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Fri Feb 4 06:54:10 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Sebastian Heath
<sebastian.heath at gmail.com> wrote:
> I endorse Danny Ayers' proposal that HTML/HTML5 use RDFa as found in
> the RDFa  specification [1].
>
> I particularly note that the user study and anecdotal evidence that
> are an important part of Ian Hickson's objections represent a very
> small sample. For my part, I find the flexibility and convenience
> offered by prefixes to be an essential factor in my choice to use the
> standard. Given that Ian's objections are so anecdotal, I'm confident
> that the personal perspective of end user's like myself will have
> equal effect in the conversation.

I encourage those that wish to contribute to actually join[2] and participate.

To start with, any proposal needs to conform to the following and
actually be submitted to the working group:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal

If there are multiple irreconcilable proposals, this will likely
result in a survey.  You can find plenty of examples of completed
change proposals and surveys in the right hand column of this page:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

You can see examples of how surveys are evaluated:

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#events

- Sam Ruby

[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#join