[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Tue Feb 8 08:35:00 PST 2011

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 17:21:31 +0100, John Tamplin <jat at google.com> wrote:
> I'm not really the one to answer and I don't know the details of the
> problem
> or solution, I was just trying to give some background to why it was done
> the way it was given the comment from Henri.
>
> Also, I thought Web Workers couldn't access the DOM, so how would that
> solve this problem?

They have a way to download and execute scripts. So if the UI thread has a
minimal script that takes care of creation of workers and creates a tunnel
for DOM modifications you could theoretically be all set. (I have not
followed this entire thread though, so apologies if I missed something.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/