[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 8 13:24:56 PST 2011

On 2/8/11 4:21 PM, John Tamplin wrote:
> I think it is useful to provide ignorable hints to browser to indicate
> that you want this downloaded but you don't need it parsed right away.

Yes, that's fine.  As long as we're not adding some sort of new hard
requirements on actual behavior here, all's good.

> Of course, if it doesn't actually avoid the problem, then you
> will wind up with comment-out/etc hacks on that browser.

In general, you can't tell the behavior of such a browser apart from the
behavior of a browser that follows the hint but is on a loaded system....

-Boris