[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 9 06:47:22 PST 2011

On 2/9/11 2:19 AM, John Tamplin wrote:
> I am not sure I understand why you are so opposed to providing a
> mechanism for an application to tell the browser it would like the
> parsing to not necessarily be performed immediately on a downloaded script.

I'm not opposed to that, as should be clear if you read what I actually
said.

What I'm opposed to is a normative testable requirement that the browser
parse or not parse the script at particular points in time, with that
time being under page control.

-Boris