[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Nicholas Zakas nzakas at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Feb 9 08:08:03 PST 2011

>> What we're suggesting is that we be able to directly
>> control execution, and in so doing, make an indirect hint to the browser
>> that it should also strongly consider deferring the parsing.

>That sounds fine to me.

Sorry for the confusion, that's exactly what I had in mind with the proposal initially by saying, "User agents may background parse or compile the script in preparation for execution but must not execute the code until instructed to do so." It should definitely be up to the browser to determine the optimal way to proceed.

-N