[whatwg] Cryptographically strong random numbers

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 14 08:40:05 PST 2011

On 2/14/11 11:31 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:47 AM, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com
> <mailto:w3c at adambarth.com>> wrote:
>
>     That's a pretty long time horizon.  You're going to start discussing
>     it in 2-4 months?  That seems a bit overwrought for what amounts to
>     four lines of code.

For what it's worth, it's a lot more than 4 lines of code in Gecko,
because we don't have an existing source of strong randomness in
Spidermonkey.  It'd be about that much code in the DOM, where we could
pass the buck to NSS, but for Spidermonkey it would take a good bit more
work.

-Boris