[whatwg] How to handle multitrack media resources in HTML

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:34:01 PST 2011

Hi Eric,

I'm curious: if you are using @kind=metadata - which is not
generically applicable, but only has application-specific data in it -
then this implies that the web page knows what type of data is in the
track's cues and knows how to parse it. Why do you need a mime type on
the cues then? Is it because MPEG has metadata cue tracks that can
contain different types of structured content? Can you clarify?

Cheers,
Silvia.