[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

Will Alexander serverherder+whatwg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:05:22 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:

>> Would a means by which authors can mark a pre-fetched script as
>> "stale" allay some of your concerns?
>
> I wouldn't expect anyone to actually use such a means.

Understandable.

I ask because at one point you stated if DOM attachment triggers the
pre-load (instead of src assignment), that would address the memory
consumption.  It would seem that would require devs "clean up" after
themselves too.  Given you don't sound thrilled with some of the
concessions required for Images, it sounds like you're more concerned
with the consequences of pre-loading in general, not the specifics of
an interface.  Is that accurate?

Will