[whatwg] Microphone Device API

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 16:01:23 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Bjartur Thorlacius
<svartman95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would POSIX sh suffice for your purposes?
> The simplest solution I can think of is using sh pipes and standardized
> device names.

POSIX sh is immensely complicated, is not specified to anywhere near
the precision needed by web standards, and is not implemented
precisely to the standards that do exist.  (E.g., bash is deliberately
not POSIX-compliant by default.)  Suggesting it as a solution for
anything on the web is, well, hard for me to understand.  And it's not
going to happen.