[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

Rob Coenen coenen.rob at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 11:14:25 PST 2011

I have written a simple test using a H264 video with burned-in timecode
(every frame is visually marked with the actual SMPTE timecode)
Webkit is unable to seek to the correct timecode using 'currentTime', it's
always a whole bunch of frames off from the requested position. I reckon it
simply seeks to the nearest keyframe?

-Rob