[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

Rob Coenen coenen.rob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:54:52 PST 2011

just a follow up question in relation to SMPTE / frame accurate playback: As
far as I can tell there is nothing specified in the HTML5 specs that will
allow us to determine the actual frame rate (FPS) of a movie? In order to do
proper time-code calculations it's essential to know both the video.duration
and video.fps - and all I can find in the specs is video.duration, nothing
in video.fps

-Rob