[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

Rob Coenen coenen.rob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 15:15:44 PST 2011

David I agree- however that's common practice in any video editing tool, in
any digital video camera, etc. It's the defacto industry standard for anyone
working with digital video.

I'm just trying to make readers of this list aware of the fact that HTML5
does a great job in video-play back, but that the minute you want to do
anything slightly more complex it get's pretty though to do anything
meaningful without having frame accuracy and access to the fps etc.

-Rob