[whatwg] <link> onLoad event

Diego Perini diego.perini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:37:19 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Mike Wilson <mikewse at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Diogo Resende wrote:
>> I see already information on the latest draft about a "load"
>> and "error" event, I think this is it. I was hoping some
>> browser vendors would implement it sooner :)
>
> Yes, ironically <link>.onload works in IE6, but not in current
> stable versions of Firefox, Safari or Chrome :-P

More ironically that browser emulator could never understand/parse the
contents of those files correctly anyway :)

A decade after, current stable version of IE browser (IE8) still
doesn't understand half of the CSS 2.1 specifications and barf at
Query Selectors API.

Detecting the style loading happened and incorrectly parsing the
contents doesn't seem to be a better solution. Nor something planned !

--
Diego