[whatwg] <base> elements, again

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 25 08:11:01 PST 2011

On 1/25/11 3:09 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Since Unicenter reportedly uses an EmulateIE7 X-UA-Compatible, presumably the product was still being maintained when IE8 was released. Maybe there's a slight chance that they could take out the bogus<base target>

For what it's worth, it looks like their <base target> comes right
before some sort of footer... and I bet in IE6 the links in that footer
actually target the toplevel window, which I also bet is the reason they
have the <base> tag there.  Of course that's all broken in IE7....

Hmm.  I might be willing to deal with his quirk....

-Boris