[whatwg] AppCache feature request: An https manifest should be able to list resources from other https origins.

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Tue Jan 25 14:37:55 PST 2011

Would the public-webapps list be better for discussing appcache
feature requests?

This could be as simple as the presence of an
'applicationcaching_allowed' file at the top level. An https manifest
update that wants to retrieve resources from another https origin
would first have to fetch the 'allow' file and see an expected
response, and if it doesn't see a good response, those xorigin entries
would be skipped (matching today's behavior).

The request...

GET /applicationcaching_allowed
Referer: <manifestUrl of the cache trying  to include resources from this host>

The expected response headers...

HTTP/1.x 200 OK

The expected response body...

Allowed:*