[whatwg] ConnectionPeer experiences

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Wed Jan 26 01:34:11 PST 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:04:22 +0100, Patrik Persson J
<patrik.j.persson at ericsson.com> wrote:
> We have done some experimentation with the ConnectionPeer API. We have
> an initial implementation of a subset of the API, using ICE (RFC 5245)
> for the peer-to-peer handshaking.  Our implementation is
> WebKit/GTK+/gstreamer-based, and we of course intend to submit it to
> WebKit, but the implementation is not quite ready for that yet.
>
> More information about our work so far can be found here:
> https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-peer-peer-conversational-video

Could you elaborate more on the details of the protocol?
Handshake/framing/etc. Is it something that can be independently
implemented? Agreement on that is what is holding back this API at the
moment.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/