[whatwg] FYI: HTML usage data from Disqus websites

Daniel Cater djcater+whatwg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 01:42:33 PST 2011

I'd be interested to see statistics on doctypes and character
encodings, which weren't really present in the webstats data.

What percentage of pages have a doctype, and of those that do, which
doctype are they using?

What percentage of pages specify a character encoding, and of those
that do, which methods do they use? And which encodings do they
specify?

How many pages use plugins and which plugins are in use would be
interesting too.

Thanks.