[whatwg] AppCache feature request: An https manifest should be able to list resources from other https origins.

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Thu Jan 27 20:30:27 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Michael Nordman <michaeln at google.com> wrote:
> A CORS based answer to this would work for the folks that have
> expressed an interest in this capability to me.
>
> cc'ing some other appcache implementors too... any thoughts?

CORS has the semantics of "you're allowed to make these types of
requests to this resource, and you're allowed to read the response
from such requests". This is very different from what is being
requested here as I understand it?

So either we'd need to add more headers to CORS, or come up with some
other header-based solution I think.

/ Jonas