[whatwg] HTML5 Video - Issue and Request for improvment

Glenn Maynard glenn at zewt.org
Sun Jan 30 01:22:32 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Lubomir Toshev <lubo_toshev at dir.bg> wrote:

> will fix this, but every browser has different height for its embedded
> controls and I should hardcode this height in my code, which is just not
> manageable.

Even as a bad hack it's simply not possible; for example, there's no way to
tell whether a pop-out volume control is open or not.

I think the primary use case browser controls are meant for is when
scripting isn't available at all.  They aren't very useful when you're using
any kind of scripts with the video.  Another problem, related to your other
post about captioning, is that it's impossible to put anything between the
video and the controls, so your captions will draw *on top of* browser
controls.

--
Glenn Maynard