[whatwg] Video feedback

Eric Winkelman E.Winkelman at cablelabs.com
Thu Jul 7 14:47:10 PDT 2011

On Thursday, June 02 Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Eric Winkelman wrote:
> >
> > For in-band metadata tracks, there is neither a standard way to
> > represent the type of metadata in the HTMLTrackElement interface nor
> > is there a standard way to represent multiple different types of
> > metadata tracks.
>
> There can be a standard way. The idea is that all the types of
> metadata tracks that browsers will support should be specified so that
> all browsers can map them the same way. I'm happy to work with anyone
> interested in writing such a mapping spec, just let me know.

I would be very interested in working on this spec.

CableLabs works with numerous groups delivering content containing a variety of metadata, so we have a good idea what is currently used.  We're also working with the groups defining adaptive bit rate delivery protocols about how metadata might be carried.

What's the next step?

Eric