[whatwg] PeerConnection, MediaStream, getUserMedia(), and other feedback

Shwetank Dixit shwetankd at opera.com
Thu Jul 14 01:33:36 PDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 04:09:40 +0530, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

>> Another question is flash. As far as I have seen, there seems to be no
>> option to specify whether the camera needs to use flash or not. Is this
>> decision left up to the device? (If someone is making an app which is
>> just clicking a picture of the person, then it would be nice to have the
>> camera use flash in low light conditions).
> getUserMedia() returns a video stream, so it wouldn't use a flash.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a provision for flash separately then? I
think a lot of apps would like just a picture instead of video, and in
those cases, flash would be required. Maybe a seperate provision in the
spec which defines whether to use flash, and if so, for how many
miliseconds. Is that doable?
--
Shwetank Dixit
Web Evangelist,