[whatwg] About the HTML spec inconsistency in URL APIs' Collect URL Parameters definition

Shawn Gong shawn at mozilla.com
Thu Jul 21 12:31:22 PDT 2011

Hello,

When collecting URL Parameters, if we have "a&&b", since the parameter between "&&" is empty, we ignore it, and get the parameterNames ["a", "b"]; however, if we have "a&=&b" then we'll get a parameter with empty name and empty value, and have the parameterNames ["a", "", "b"]. The two behaviors are inconsistent. Should we modify the spec to keep the consistency?

Best,
Shawn Gong

(Referenced from Adam Barth's document: https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1r_VTFKApVOaNIkocrg0z-t7lZgzisTuGTXkdzAk4gLU&hl=en)