[whatwg] AppCache-related e-mails

Felix Halim felix.halim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 22:51:50 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Felix Halim <felix.halim at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, my proposals is either to make the main page of the AppCache
> "ONLINE", or support pageStorage for hashbangs.

Now when I think about the pageStorage again, actually we don't need hashbangs!

We can just say:

pageStorage['339'] = { here is my 5 MB JSON data for 339 }
pageStorage['32900'] = { here is my 5 MB JSON data for 32900 }

That should perfectly works well and the browser can silently destroy
the content of any of the less used ID, ANYTIME.

So, the usage is to not always assume the content of pageStorage
exists and treat it purely as cache that can be gone at anytime.

So, yes, we can use pageStorage to any page associated to the page URL
without the hashbang (as if the hashbang is stripped off). The quota
per key/value pair is 5 MB and can be removed by browser anytime.

How about that?

This can fulfil my need to get a clean separation.

Felix Halim