[whatwg] a rel=attachment

Bjartur Thorlacius svartman95 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:55:32 PDT 2011

On 7/14/11, Karl Dubost <karld at opera.com> wrote:
> what about adding

This seems like the best solution to me. A filename hint has two use
cases: a suggestion for a local identifier, and providing a filename
extension for systems that use them to identify file types with
incomplete or nonexistent /etc/mime.type media type mappings. I'll
only name so many pictures "pic.jpg", so I suggest using the
descriptive (and thus verbose) value of the title attribute. The worst
problem will be encoding the name on filesystems such as FAT.

title="Súkkulaðikaka með ís" target="_download">Afmæliskaka mín</a>